Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thomas Watson – The Mercies of God Should Humble Us


The mercies of God humble us. ‘Then went King David, and sat before the Lord, and said, Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my father’s house, that thou hast brought me hitherto?’ (). Lord, why is such honour conferred upon me, that I should be king? That I who followed the sheep, should go in and out before Thy people? So says a gracious heart, ‘Lord, what am I, that it should be better with me than others? That I should drink of the fruit of the vine, when others drink, not only a cup of wormwood, but a cup of blood (or suffering to death). What am I, that I should have those mercies which others want, who are better than I? Lord, why is it, that notwithstanding all my unworthiness, a fresh tide of mercy comes in every day?’ The mercies of God make a sinner proud, but a saint humble.

~Thomas Watson~

0 comments:

Post a Comment